Direct Investment Unit

JANA’s Direct Investment Unit (DIU) is a specialised team helping clients successfully invest into private market assets outside of a pooled fund vehicle with the ability to evaluate potential co-investments primarily in the property, infrastructure and private equity markets.

Our experience is unparalleled, having advised over A$11bn in capital investments for our clients since 2016, in assets with an enterprise value of over A$120bn. To date, more than 60% of the capital investments advised by JANA have been offshore in Europe and North America, with the remaining 40% in Australia.

Our team can support your on your direct investment needs through the following services.

1. Investment Due Diligence of Potential Transactions

  • Reviewing due diligence material
  • Assessing the appropriateness of the investment’s business plan
  • Undertaking risk assessment and stress testing return outcomes
  • Review of capital structure and proposed debt terms
  • Review of key consortium agreements including shareholder governance, and
  • Manager due diligence and assessment of manager expertise.

2. Asset Management

  • Attending board meetings and reviewing board papers (where applicable)
  • Undertaking site visits (both domestically and offshore) and having regular calls with management of underlying companies
  • Reviewing periodic management reports and other company materials
  • Providing bespoke research or advice related to the investment and or market, and
  • Representation on advisory committees (where applicable).

 

Want to know more about the Direct Investment Unit?

Email your enquiry below and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.

Contact JANA

Sydney
9/255 George Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
02 9221 4066
JANAadmin@jana.com.au

Melbourne
9/530 Collins Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
03 9602 5400
JANAadmin@jana.com.au

JANA respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land where we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We celebrate the stories, culture and traditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders of all communities who also work and live on this land.

We use cookies

Through the use of cookies on this website we aim to improve our services and enhance users online experience with us (e.g. website statistics), and does not identify individual customers but does identify internet browser. Where we do identify you, JANA treats any use or disclosure in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
  • Functional cookies
  • Advertising
  • Social media
JANA respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land where we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We celebrate the stories, culture and traditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders of all communities who also work and live on this land.